My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://howesthatblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

JACKET THIEF

My husband has this jacket from H&M, and much to his chagrin, I love it and steal it every chance I get. A swift cuffing of the sleeves transforms it into the ideal army green topper for my tomboy/cazh outfits. This jacket holds a special place in my heart because I was wearing it the first time I saw Grace Potter and the Nocturnals at Lilith Fair a couple summers ago. Yes, I love girl rock bands. So sue me.
But enough about the jacket. The real star of this post is the off-white button-down from TrouvĂ© (also the maker of my favorite sleeveless collared shirt). This shirt reigns supreme in my closet as both a standalone basic and excellent layering piece. The semi-sheer silk fabric drapes just so to bring effortless sexiness to an otherwise androgynous look.
I am a firm believer that a girl cannot own too many pairs of jeans or too many white button-downs.

I very rarely wear sneakers, and I almost never wear a shirt tucked completely in or out. There's something slightly off about a half-tucked shirt hem that is just so right. On more than one occasion I've had someone tell me that my shirt came untucked, prompting my awkward response of, "Actually, I did that on purpose." I also had three people ask me today if my nerd glasses, which I never wear because they have thick glass lenses and are super heavy, were prescription or just for show. For the record, they are prescription, and if I'm wearing them, I've probably had a rough morning.




In this post - jacket: H&M, shirt: Trouvé, jeans: Citizens of Humanity, kicks: Converse, watch: Burberry

No comments:

Post a Comment