My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://howesthatblog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

O CHRISTMAS TREE

sweater: J. Crew, jeans: 7 For All Mankind, boots: Steve Madden
Last week, I gave you a little glimpse of my Christmas tree. Did you catch that? No? Don’t worry, I probably wouldn’t have either. I'll wait here while you click back to check it out. Saw it? Okay, cool.


Decorating the Christmas tree is one of my favorite holiday season activities. Phil and I blast all the hits – the Home Alone version of “White Christmas,” Josh Groban’s “O Holy Night,” and the entire Michael Buble Christmas album, to name a few – and reminisce over where each ornament came from before tacking it up on a limb. Inevitably I wind up covered head-to-toe in glitter from the sparkly ribbon, which is actually a good look. The next time you're getting ready for a holiday party, rub some sparkly ribbon on yourself for extra panache.


This year's tree just might be our best effort yet. Look at that ribbon...swoon. Despite its massiveness, this big daddy tree is chockablock with ornaments. Every year, Phil and I give each other a special ornament on Christmas Eve (cute, right?), some of which are pictured below.  I also have a thing for bird ornaments. Go figure.


Yellow cab I gifted Phil when we were living in NYC
My mom's friend Sheryl made us this ornament to commemorate our wedding at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas
My favorite bird ornament since childhood
Harry Potter ornament that Phil gave me last year
The first ornaments that Phil ever gave me
Red bird ornament from my sweet friend Maggie
Handmade ornament to mark our first Christmas as husband and wife

Sparkly bird ornament from Anthropologie

No comments:

Post a Comment